The browser provides virus, popup and spyware protection in a simple, easy to use tabbed interface
The Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform.
Firefox is a small, fast and very easy to use browser that offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows and the tabbed browsing.
Here are some key features of "Firefox":
· Comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
· A tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
· Integrated search (powered by Google);
· Industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
· Simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
· A streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
· A large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.
· Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
· 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
· 52 MB hard drive space
Microsoft Silverlight (formerly WPF/E - Windows Presentation Foundation Everywhere) was designed to be a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next generation of NET based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web
simple extension for Mozilla Firefox that adds a Restart Firefox item to the Tools menu
Ever needed to restart Firefox after enabling or disabling an extension, using a new theme, or modifying configuration files?